Reclaim the traditional knowledge about the maramataka (Maori Lunar Calendar) and ways in which you can practically apply this knowledge to your everyday life. Use a daily journal that follows a monthly cycle of the maramataka, where you can begin to record
- what the moon phases are good for/ not good for
- what activities you did on these days
- what observations you made
- what your energy levels were
This listing is for an A4 Landscape digital download that can be used on your device/ phone within a number of applications (ie - Good Note & Evernote)
For individual use only. Please contact us for multi-user/student licence.
- Maramataka Definition & User Guide
- He Tirohanga written by Haami Piripi
- Daily Marama (using Te Whānau ā Apanui maramataka) with phases & name
- Daily page to record observations
- Daily "Ihi" Energy scale & monthly Graph to review your energy levels over the 30 days
- Poutama/ Tracker
- Ōku whakaaro / My Thoughts Page
Which to buy
Please note the TE RĀKAUNUI Journal/ Digital File is suitable for new learners as it contains the marama (moon) names of Te Whānau ā Apanui, and the moon cycle starts from Te Rākaunui (Full Moon).
If you know your whānau/hapū/iwi maramataka it maybe more suitable to purchase the WHIRO Journal which does not contain marama names and is able to be customised. The moon cycle in those journals start from Whiro (New Moon), but the rest of the layout is the same.
Please add the Maramataka Guide Sheet to your order - it is free with any purchase of a digital file, so once you reach check out it will show up as FREE.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Miriama P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars1 year ago5 Stars
Tena koutou, he pukapuka korero muna māku te Whiro nei me tāna whakarauora hoki❣️Was this helpful?
- Jessie H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 years ago5 Stars
I was searching high and low for a simple beginners guide to the Maramataka and voila! I have found the easiest, most perfect journal alongside a guide with an explanation of the Maramataka (FOR FREE). I am so grateful to have found Tuhi stationary and was so pleased to see a digital copy offered. As someone who doesn't really get into physically writing in journals it is so handy to have the Whiro journal and guide on my phone and laptop at all times. An added bonus is that it is sustainable for Papatūānuku! Kia ora Tuhi stationary for such an amazing product! I have recommended this to all of my hoa and whānau,
Noho ora mai, Jess!Was this helpful?
- Melissa N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 years ago5 Stars
Love it! Was great changing go this one after using the Rākaunui one for months.Was this helpful?
- Cherie B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 years ago5 Stars
Ka taea e au te whakauru koorero noo tooku waka ake. Ka taea hoki te whakaemi i ngaa koorero o iwi kee, te whai i ngoo ake wheeako i ngaa oo te maramaWas this helpful?