Reclaim the traditional knowledge about the maramataka (Maori Lunar Calendar) and ways in which you can practically apply this knowledge to your everyday life. Use a daily journal that follows a monthly cycle of the maramataka, where you can begin to record
- what the moon phases are good for/ not good for
- what activities you did on these days
- what observations you made
- what your energy levels were
If you know your whānau/hapū/iwi maramataka it maybe more suitable to purchase the WHIRO Journal which does not contain marama names and is able to be customised. The moon cycle in those journals start from Whiro (New Moon), but the rest of the layout is the same.
Please note if you do not know this information - then the TE RĀKAUNUI Journal in different listing is likely more suitable for new learners as it contains the marama (moon) names of Te Whānau ā Apanui, and the moon cycle starts from Te Rakaunui (Full Moon).
FeaturesThe Journal features are;
- Measurements A5+ (148mm x 210mm)
- Perfect size to carry with you for daily observations.
- 72 pages x 100 gsm
- Lined paged within journal sections
- Sewn together to make it last
- FREE resources with purchase - 1 sticker sheet & Aratohu Guide
- Maramataka Definition & User Guide
- He Tirohanga written by Haami Piripi
- Daily Marama (using Te Whānau ā Apanui maramataka) with phases & name
- Daily Journal page to record observations
- Daily "Ihi" Energy scale & monthly Graph to review your energy levels over the 30 days
- Spaces to track Moon Rise & Set and Tides in colour
- Ōku whakaaro / My Thoughts Page
Buy one - Give one
Hokona tētahi māramataka, ā, mā mātou tētahi e tākoha
For every maramataka journal purchased, we will give the same journal to Ngā Kitenga o te Maramataka to support the work done by Rereata Makiha and Rikki Solomon with rangatahi (youth) and kura kaupapa around the motu (country).
You can check out the amazing work they do in schools teaching rangatahi about the maramataka here.
Additional Information about the Maramataka
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Cassandra A.I recommend this productRated 5 stars7 months ago5 Stars
Although my purchase was the wrong purchase I still love my "nga Mata o te maramataka" straight forward easy guidelines and instructions will definitely purchase more items in the future.
CassandraWas this helpful?
- Jane R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars9 months ago5 Stars
Nga mihi mahana ki nga ringa awhina o enei mahi ataahuaWas this helpful?
- Makereta B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars10 months ago5 Stars
I've been journalling now for two weeks.
The new moon began the day after my elderly father-in-law passed and I started the diary then. All of the family were in lockdown in AK and none of us could go up to see him in his rest-home in Northland - nor could we have a funeral. It has been a rough four years for our family and I was all over the place; but I thought to myself: "No - you start today." Whiro is a new period, a time for insights and to be strategic. I decided to start with a two week period of mourning for my father-in-law, a kind of clearance. My husband's bereavement leave coincided with a holiday we'd already booked. We couldn't go anywhere, so instead we have eaten, drunk, caught up on sleep, reminisced, walked on the beach, collected driftwood, worked in the mara, and made wishes. And every day I have consulted Te Aratohu Maramataka and made notes, as well as writing poetry and taking photos to clip into the journal. It's been incredibly peaceful and healing; and odd little things have started to change - ideas we have talked about for years are now starting to sprout into life or change. There is always some renewal after a soul has passed of course; but following the phases of the moon combined with the act of journalling seems to have centred me and made me very attuned to how the universe is moving and how I am moving through it. I love the layout of the diary and how having to consult the guide sheet really makes me slow down listening to my body and to…Was this helpful?TSTuhi Stationery Ltd10 months agoWhat a beautiful journey for you Makareta, and what an enlightening experience. Appreciate your wonderful feedback. Nga mihi
- Ngareta H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 stars10 months ago4 Stars
I am waiting for the whiro phase to start. Will review then.Was this helpful?
- Stormy W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars11 months ago5 Stars
It has really made a difference when planning and sharing with colleaguesWas this helpful?TSTuhi Stationery Ltd11 months agoWonderful to hear Stormy. Appreciate your feedback. Nga mihi